Access Ambition is a bespoke recruitment consultancy supporting cause-driven careers. We specialise in pairing outstanding professionals with leading values-led employers, including charities, NGOs, & think-tanks.
We take pride in providing expert, tailored career advice and support to our partner professionals; helping you to plan and execute the changes necessary to achieve your ultimate career objectives.
As a recruitment consultancy, our ‘paying customers’ are the recruiting clients whom engage us to seek out quality candidates for their vacancies – running candidate searches based on skills, experience, expertise, and qualification requirements etc. Nevertheless, we believe in only representing the very best candidates for such vacancies available – the PREMIER PROFESSIONALS!
Consequently, our approach is very different from most other recruiters. We believe that in order to attract and retain the very best professionals in the sector, we have to give something back – making it worth your while to register as a candidate and allow us the privilege of representing you to our clients.
We therefore offer a number completely FREE & confidential services to the outstanding professionals whom register as candidates with Access Ambition.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR PARTNER PROFESSIONALS
We offer an extensive career consultation at the point of your registration as a candidate, whereby we will discuss at length both the current state of your career and recent experience; as well as your immediate, mid-range, and long-term professional objectives.
This initial consultation has two central aims:
- To allow us to get to know you as best as we possibly can; both so that we can go on to accurately represent you to clients, and so that we may immediately be in a position to offer relevant advice on how best to advance from your current situation to where you want to be in your career.
- To establish and agree between us how best we can assist as you seek to advance your career in the sector, identifying what action both we and you can take to facilitate the attainment of key professional objectives.
The other major service which we offer to registered candidates is representation to prospective employers. During your initial consultation we will seek to agree with you a programme of activity in which we will undertake to put your CV and availability in front of key decision makers in the sector, contacts to whom we have access and with whom we are seeking to build and further develop relationships.
As such, your CV will not sit passively on a database until a relevant vacancy crosses our desk (a fate which sadly far too often befalls candidates upon registering with recruitment consultants). Instead, we will seek to be as proactive as possible in actually creating new opportunities for you – ones which even we ourselves may not have been aware but for the action taken on your behalf.
We will endeavour to stay in regular contact with you following your registration, updating you on the progress of any activity agreed upon and the outcomes of such. At the point our actions lead to you being considered for a significant opportunity with which you wish to move forward, we will support you as best we can throughout the entire application and selection process – right through to your first day in the new role!
As a minimum, we offer registered candidates the following support:
- Full CV review and editing advice
- Guidance on drafting applications for specific vacancies
- Proof reading of application forms, cover letters, and supporting statements
- Full pre-interview advice & guidance, including mock interviews when desired
- Detailed post-interview review based on client feedback
- Recommendation as to appropriate salary expectations
- Representation in salary negotiations with new employers
In short, we believe in being true partners to the professionals whom register as candidates with us – supporting you every step of the way, fighting your corner, and doing our utmost to improve your professional life in any way we can.
Alternatively, call us on 020 8133 4684 for an informal chat about your career plans.