Location: North London (multi-site)
Benefits: Generous annual leave entitlement
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: ASAP – interviews will be scheduled as soon as suitable candidates are identified
Referral Value: £350 (click here for details of our generous referral scheme)
Charity based in London with several North London services, including residential, supported living, and day-centre. Their client group is adults with complex needs, including service users with autism, physical disabilities, and challenging behaviour
Managing staff and budgets for two or more supported living services in North London, with full accountability for regulatory compliance and quality standards therein. The occupant of this position will be the Registered Manager with CQC for each of the services s/he manages. Main duties will include:
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service provision
- Direct line management of at least two Deputy Managers
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement (liaising with staff, SMT, Board members, service users’ families, funders, commissioners, and regulatory bodies such as the CQC)
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including the Care Standards Act 2000
- Contributing to the development and implementation of organisation-wide strategy
To succeed in this role you will need experience working with adults who have learning disabilities and/or who exhibit severe challenging behaviour. It also requires strong staff management and regulatory compliance capabilities with an awareness of budgetary planning and control. The main requirements for this post are:
- Experience of staff management in a residential or supported living adult social care setting.
- Relevant work or life experience with adults affected by learning disabilities or similar complex needs (including familiarity with challenging behaviour)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of CQC reporting requirements and the role of the Registered Manager
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks including the Care Standards Act
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritising under pressure and working to deadlines
NB. A satisfactory disclosure check is required for this post in addition to at least three years’ references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV via email to CV@accessambition.co.uk quoting ‘Service Manager’ in the subject line. In your email please also clearly state:
- Whether you currently have a valid driving licence and access to your own transport
- Details of any North London areas to which you are not able to commute, and why
- Any likely restrictions on hours you can work (either in total or at particular times)
Alternatively, call Matt McLaren on 020 8133 4684 for an informal chat regarding this role.
Earn £350 if you know anyone else who might be suitable for this role – email their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org today or visit our CANDIDATE REFERRAL SCHEME page for more information..
Access Ambition is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and applications are encouraged from all sections of the community. All job applicants or work-seekers will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. To view our full Equal Opportunities Policy please visit www.equalopportunitiespolicy.accessambition.co.uk