TWO VACANCIES – 1 in Stanmore (40 hours), 1 in Wood Green (20-30 hours)
This is a long-standing client for whom Access Ambition has recruited multiple previous roles at all levels of the organisation. They are a London-based social care charity providing housing, care, and support services to adults with autism and other associated learning disabilities.
Working as part of a team to support the service users so as to enhance their quality of life and promote their personal independence as much as possible. Main duties will include:
- Helping to plan, implement, monitor and review individual personal development and person centred plans for each service user
- Accurately maintaining all service users’ records
- Personal care of service users
- Undertaking domestic duties as appropriate, including cleaning, cooking and shopping.
- Undertaking shift leading after relevant training.
Waking nights – due to the nature of our client’s work these roles are shift based and require someone willing to work at least two or three waking nights per week.
It is a genuine occupational requirement under the Equalities Act 2010 that the postholder for both roles be FEMALE Male applicants cannot be considered for either post.
The main requirements for these posts are:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written forms.
- Patience, warmth and understanding; showing empathy towards people with autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- At least one year’s experience of working with challenging service users with complex needs
- QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, or be working towards this.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Care Standards Act 2000 and other legislation relating to adult social care.
NB. A satisfactory disclosure check is required for this post in addition to at least three years’ references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV via email to CV@accessambition.co.uk quoting ‘Support Worker’ in the subject line. In your email please also clearly state your preferred work location (i.e. ‘Stanmore’ or ‘Wood Green’).
Alternatively, call our Candidate Shortlisting Team on 020 8133 4684 for an informal chat regarding these roles.
Earn £250 if you know anyone else who might be suitable for this role – email their contact details to email@example.com today or visit our CANDIDATE REFERRAL SCHEME page for more information..
Access Ambition is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and applications are encouraged from all sections of the community. All job applicants or work-seekers will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. To view our full Equal Opportunities Policy please visit www.equalopportunitiespolicy.accessambition.co.uk